Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic–Butterfly Surgery
As a child I loved chasing butterflies from flower to flower, I suppose chasing was putting it lightly. Stalking was more like it. Those poor traumatized butterflies.
I remember one day being very very young and playing with one of our butterflies until nearly all the dust was off his wings. I was so very sad the he could not fly. He tried but just walked around. I just knew we had killed him, as I looked at his wing dust on our little fingers.
We thought and thought what we should do. I had a brilliant idea. Our dirt was dusty like the dust on his wings, so I dusted his wings really good, and said a little prayer, and you know what? He flew, it took him a couple of times, but he flew away.
I have always wondered if it was the dirt dust or Heavenly Father answering the prayers of a child who had tender growing faith.
My photographs are of butterflies. I noticed the wings of the orange butterflies are kind of worn. I wonder if they too have been stalked, captured, and then became a child’s miracle too.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Nostalgic (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Butterfly Photo Shoot (womenwhothinktoomuch.wordpress.com)
- Tips to Attract Butterflies to Your Garden (aristonorganic.wordpress.com)
- Milkweeds and Butterflies (therousedbear.wordpress.com)
- Chasing Butterflies (shafaqalam.wordpress.com)
- Local butterflies and other goodies (dwfnaturephoto.wordpress.com)